Before you can place bids on HUD properties, you must first become part of HUD’s network of registered brokers. Please click the link below to begin the process. Become a HUD Registered Broker (Brokers having issues with NAID Applications please call 800.225-5342. Brokers with NAID numbers must register at www.hudhomestore.com in order to bid on properties. Please call 1-866-777-2034 if you’re having issues with your login or navigating the site)
Types of Mortgages
- The FHA 203b is the standard FHA loan that does not call for repairs to the home other than possibly repair escrows not to exceed 5,000.00.
- The FHA 203k loan program is basically a program that allows the borrower to obtain money within the financed loan to make necessary repairs. If a home requires more than 5,000.00 of repairs the borrower basically takes a loan out for the amount of the sales price plus the estimated repair cost. Then after closing and funding the borrower hires the contractors to perform the work and turn over final invoices to the lender for the payment of those invoices. The lender handles all the payment of the invoices and usually requires a third party inspector to verify the work was completed before final payment is released.
FHA Streamline 203K
- FHA’s Streamlined 203(k) program permits homebuyers to finance up to an additional $35,000 into their mortgage to improve or upgrade their home before moving in. Homebuyers can quickly and easily tap into cash to pay for property repairs or improvements, such as those identified by a home inspector or an FHA appraiser. Homeowners may make property repairs, improvements, or even prepare their home for sale.
- This type of mortgage uses cash or a bank loan that does not involve FHA financing.
Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Eligible veterans can use this type of financing to obtain a VA – guaranteed loan. For more information on this type of mortgage, click here
- Click here for Training.
List of HUD Closing Agents/Buyer Select Agents
- Otsego County Abstract and Title 120 E. Main St. Gaylord, MI 49735 P: 989.732.5765 F: 989.732.7288
Custom Closing Services, Inc. 28350 Cabot Dr. Novi, MI 48377 P: 248.324.9000 F: 248.324.9001
Connecticut and Rhode Island
- Hobson & Coutu 222 Jefferson Blvd. Warwick, RI 02888 P: 401.739.1115 F: 401.739.1171
Massachusetts and New Hampshire
- B,W,S,F & B, LLP 100 Wells Ave Newton, MA 02459 P: 617.614.1500 F: 617.614.1515
Maine and Vermont
- Shapiro & Morley 707 Sable Oaks Drive, Suite #250 South Portland, ME 04106 P: 207.775.6223 F: 207.775.6995
- The Garas Law Firm, LLP 438 Main Street, Suite #201 Buffalo, NY 14202 P: 716.842.6200 F: 716.332.3575
- DEVAL LLC Attention: Ms. Marsha Hohn, Esquire 60-82 Myrtle Avenue 2 Floor/Right Side Ridgewood, New York 11385 P: 347.689.4400 F: 347.689.4403 email@example.com
- Collegiate Title Corporation 110 Marter Avenue, Suite #107 Moorestown, New Jersey 08057 P: 856.231.0990 F 856.778.8110
- Click here to go to the HUD Homestore to see Bid Results. You will need to register if you are a new user.